Joseph asked in PetsFish · 5 months ago

What would happen if a person ate the kind of food that you feed to a domesticated goldfish?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

If you were to heat up the food the goldfish eats to a couple of hundred degrees. You can eat goldfish food if you were starving and in a survival situation. I'm sure it wouldn't taste all that good. but you want to make sure that if you're going to have to eat some kind of pet food in an emergency survival situation that you heat it up sufficiently to kill any bacteria that's in it it's probably safe just the way it is but you don't want to take a chance.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I would expect them to hatch bug eggs.

• F
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Probably nothing. It will have a much higher protein content than most "human" food, maybe 50% v 30% for a lean steak.

• 5 months ago

I have no idea but the food I fed to my beta fish was pretty good. The multi colored flakes stuck to my tongue. It was definitely a nice texture

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

They would sprout gills.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

You would turn into a fish !!! Don't ignore the warnings by Dr. Seuss !!!!!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

they rnight lose a lot of weight

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They wouldn't get the right nutrients for their body, and they would probably die of mal nutrition within a few weeks

• 5 months ago

Dried goldfish food is made from things like tubifex worms, mosquito larvae, bloodworms, water fleas and brine shrimp.

I think I'd throw up just thinking about it. I wouldn't have to eat it myself, just to hear about someone eating it, and I'd throw up.

• 5 months ago

You might get bladder-bloat.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.