How long does it take for someone to get a new job after being fired from an old job?

How long does it take? Days, Weeks, Months, a year?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Depends on their qualifications, job hunting skills, local job market conditions for that occupation. Some people find a job immediately, others need a year or more to find something. However, when fired, that's a complication which could seriously foul things up.

• 5 months ago

It all depends! There is no average answer, sometimes people would take a break from one job to another, whilst, it might just take weeks before someone starts a new job.

• There's no average time for this. It takes how ever long it takes to find another job.

A number of things could prevent or hold this person back from getting another job.

If you're old enough, you can get a job to help out.

• 5 months ago

It can be any amount of time. Sometimes minutes. Sometimes a lifetime.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

all depends, could be tomorrow, could be 3 months? just apply to as many places as possible.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

How long is string? It depends on the local job market and what your transferable skills are. Generally, for most people I'd say a maximum of three or four months at most. But it can be shorter or longer than that.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Depends on the job market, it could be the same day or a year later you could be still looking.

• 5 months ago

the one time I was fired, I had a new job the same month

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

weeks is probably common but could vary a lot.

Lv 7
    5 months ago

It depends on why you were fired and the type of job you normally work at. For example, if you're an elementary school teacher and get fired for physically abusing students, that's bad.

But if you work at Burger King and get fired for calling in sick too many times, that's not so bad.

• dangelo h
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

I don't think its a definitive answer to the question, I wanted to see your and others opinion on it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.