How long does it take for someone to get a new job after being fired from an old job?

How long does it take? Days, Weeks, Months, a year?

Depends on their qualifications, job hunting skills, local job market conditions for that occupation. Some people find a job immediately, others need a year or more to find something. However, when fired, that's a complication which could seriously foul things up.

It all depends! There is no average answer, sometimes people would take a break from one job to another, whilst, it might just take weeks before someone starts a new job.

• There's no average time for this. It takes how ever long it takes to find another job.

A number of things could prevent or hold this person back from getting another job.

If you're old enough, you can get a job to help out.

It can be any amount of time. Sometimes minutes. Sometimes a lifetime.

all depends, could be tomorrow, could be 3 months? just apply to as many places as possible.

• Zapata

How long is string? It depends on the local job market and what your transferable skills are. Generally, for most people I'd say a maximum of three or four months at most. But it can be shorter or longer than that.

Depends on the job market, it could be the same day or a year later you could be still looking.

the one time I was fired, I had a new job the same month

• Judy

weeks is probably common but could vary a lot.

• .

It depends on why you were fired and the type of job you normally work at. For example, if you're an elementary school teacher and get fired for physically abusing students, that's bad.

But if you work at Burger King and get fired for calling in sick too many times, that's not so bad.

• dangelo h

I don't think its a definitive answer to the question, I wanted to see your and others opinion on it.