Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 5 months ago

Do you guys think Apple's new Mac Pro's coming out in the fall will sell?

It's $12,000 for the base model.....$12,000.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

And the monitor is $4999, the stand for it is $999. Must have diamonds or rubies?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It's purpose is for professional use. Very, very few consumers will actually buy this thing.

At the same time it comes down what kind of Software the businesses and professionals have already invested into. Professionals and business are already very reluctant to switch to machines that are using a different brand of hardware. Apple is probably testing the waters here.

If I wanted to, I could sink $15k on a badass editing rig and it's not hard to spend that much on those kind of parts. Have you seen how much some of these Xeon processors and Quadro video cards cost?

• 5 months ago

No sir probably not

• 5 months ago

I could buy s car with that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

I won't spend $12,000 on a new Mac Pro.

• 5 months ago

Me? nope

Pro's like my son who does designs & 3D animations? Definitely! It will increase his throughput like 50% That's like having another 1/2 person on staff at $100,000 per year. So it pays for itself easily.

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes it would sell, easily. The general consumer isn't the target audience. As the name implies this is for professionals, i.e. movie studios, videographers, music producers, etc though of course not limited to those.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Way to expensive. It will be a Flop.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It is geared toward content creators not regular users And the price actually isn't that bad considering the video card alone costs $5,000 from amd.

• 5 months ago

It will not sell to me.

All the crap I do is not even important enough for a $2000 machine!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.