Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 5 months ago

is it bad to stay up for around 24 hours for 3 days (but sleep in between)?

hello, ever since summer break my sleeping schedule has been weird and now i have to go back in to school to take some last finals and test, but my sleeping schedule was sooo weird!

so i decided to try to fix it, i stayed up around 24 hours saturday, around the same on sunday and earlier today on monday. i’ve slept in between all these times, but when i’m awake i stay up for around 20-24 hours. i think i might have to stay up around 17 or 18 today to take my test. is this bad to stay up for 20-24 hours a day? i don’t expect to be doing this anymore once my sleeping schedule evens out but in the mean time is it bad to stay up for 20-24 hour days but get appropriate sleep in between?

sorry for it being so long lol, just a lil concerned!

• Carson

Here is a study on sleep deprivation that was done on Army Rangers.

It shows when metal and physical deficits start and how they progress over time.

The test subjects are in the best mental and physical condition any one can be.

Your results may vary, but it gives you something scientific to compare yourself to.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK209071/

Your brain turns to mush. There are days when i get up at 5am start work at 8am work 16 hours somehow sleep for a couple hours and start again. I can only do this for abt 3 days. Now i can only do this for 14hours of work. Since i never actually leave work just find place to crash few hours. Not a way to go thru life. You also have to eat very good to pull it off.

You actually become non productive after abt 12 hours of work.

School would follow suit. You forget more, become erratic in thoughts and you actually compromise your immune system as well. It really not healthy for you. And since your in school i would guess your eating habits are not the best either. That becomes another issue.

I have been doing that for years , cant sleep in a bed now , so get out if that habit asap.

It’s never good to stay up for 24 hours. You don’t work or remember as well as you should, let alone all the other health risks