What do you think about AD signing with the Lakers?

Do you think this makes them a serious championship contender team? Do you think they can get one more superstar? Do you think the trade will be finalized by the 6th or do you think the Pels will will let the Lakers extend it to July 30th for another pick? Do you think the Pels got the better end of the deal? I like to hear your opinions and discussions.

10 pts to the person who goes the most in depth.

I don't think this trade was as lopsided as it originally seemed, considering the Pelicans defensively became much stronger in the guards, and they have some young and bright talent for the first time since Davis first showed up, but in my opinion (for basketball atleast), quantity rarely outweighs quality. It's extremely important to have a really deep bench, but now the Pelicans best player is Jrue Holliday or Lonzo, unless Randle resigns. I don't see the Pelicans making the playoffs for another two ish years until they start to get some of the draft picks developed or sign decent free agents.

To continue my point, while the Pels did get a lot of draft picks and depth, they also just traded away an once in a decade player. Davis is one of the most dominant post players the league has seen on a while, and he's done it pretty quietly because of where he was playing. He's still young, he hasn't had too many issues with injuries, and he's now playing with Lebron, who is starting to show some age but is still dominating. This trade to me is somewhat similar to the Mavs and Knicks trade, where it appeared that one team got a steal because the other was just trying to remove someone who didn't want to be there. The only way this really pays off for the Pelicans is if Lonzo or Hart become great, which I don't think either will be any more than a 2/3 time all-star, or if they somehow draft a superstar, which will be hard considering the Lakers probably won't be giving them anything close to a Lottery pick.

No Lakers are not gonna win championship next year I’m sorry I don’t see them coming out of west. I hope AD comes to my Heat we need PF.

We just saw the Herschel Walker Trade: NBA Edition

• Greg5 months agoReport

If the picks don’t amount to anything, then we didn’t.

He’s injury prone lol, I’m telling you this is going to be a mistake by the Lakers.

• a very good deal for the Pels too, 3 first round picks plus Lonzo, Ingram, and Josh Hart. A lot of young talent that will develop a great deal in a few years.

They lack depth, just ask Golden State

I think it was a move the Lakers had to make (because they've painted themselves into a corner), even giving up all that they did to make it. Odds are LeBron's only got maybe 1-2 more seasons left at a high level before father time wins and the team certainly wasn't going to compete for anything without at least one other "great" player to help LeBron as he ages.

If I were the Lakers, I wouldn't try to sign another high priced star though (I say this because there's been talk about them signing another big-contract "star"). Instead I'd go fill out the roster with as many veteran outside shooters as possible and hope LeBron and Davis stay mostly healthy and productive. If you ask me, signing one "Kemba Walker" or "Jimmy Butler" -level free agent isn't going to do them as much good as signing 3 veteran outside shooters for the same cost given the way today's game is played.

• STEVE

Pelicans want this trade done ASAP, because they're shopping the #4 pick. It will be finalized by the 6th (Lakers really screwed this up-- by waiting until the 30th would leave the Lakers with $33M cap space instead of $24M)

Both teams did well with this trade: The Pelicans got a huge return for a player who didn't want to be there, and the Lakers got another star to improve their team. This move makes the Lakers a playoff team. It kinda reminds me of the Brooklyn/Boston trade with all the picks and the 2023 swap. Lebron is getting older and Anthony Davis is injury prone so New Orleans could get some very good picks if the Lakers have a bad year. If I had to pick a winner, then New Orleans

• Bob

I think it's a good move for him & the Lakers,as for if it makes them a serious championship contender, that remains to be seen,depending on how they fill out the rest of their roster.

No they need another piece

They might win 50 ball games.