Sore throat won't go away after allergies?

A bit over 2 months ago allergies hit really bad and it caused post-nasal drip. I think it irritated my throat because it caused it to ache and burn. Fast forward to now and the allergies etc. are long gone but my throat still has issues. Unlike before, if I don't do anything, I'm fine; but I can't talk... show more A bit over 2 months ago allergies hit really bad and it caused post-nasal drip. I think it irritated my throat because it caused it to ache and burn. Fast forward to now and the allergies etc. are long gone but my throat still has issues. Unlike before, if I don't do anything, I'm fine; but I can't talk past a certain volume, talk for too long, or sing and if I try to it's painful and scratchy right after. Plus, if I eat/drink certain things (like soda or candy or certain fruits) it irritates my throat too. I've tried things like lozenges and teas and using a humidifier but it doesn't do anything. Lastly, I went to a doctor and she looked down near my voice box and said that there was "a bit of inflammation".
I don't know what to do because it's a hindrance :( Is it best to just wait it out and hope it eventually heals or do something else? Anything I should eat..?
0