Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 5 months ago

What do you make of China lowering tariffs on goods imported from every other country?

• jimmy

China are outplaying Trump. China are looking to other markets to replace the USA. They are importing soybeans from Brazil and Argentina and replacing US lobsters with lobsters imported from Canada. American businesses are begging Trump not to impose more tariffs.

• sam

good move. trump will lose

A beginning.

I'm thinking China assessed the likelihood of Trump's reelection. One position was to wait Trump out, the election might show Trump would lose. But I don't think that will happen. China might see Trump in a reelection scenario. If that is true, then their economy suffering would only continue. And I understand China's economy is suffering. Trump's tariffs are ruining them. So waiting for Trump to lose the next election would be economic suicide.

That's the way I see it anyway, for what it's worth.

edit: Remember when all we heard was "no one wins in a trade war"? Remember that? Experts were saying that commonly. I wonder why they were saying things like that? But I remember. That's important. They were the same way about NAFTA.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • jimmy

China are looking to other markets. That's why they are lowering tariffs for other countries. 30 billion in aid for US farmers, and you don't think these tariffs are hurting the USA?

• Troy

Interesting that they have been using tariffs on goods imported from every country, then complain when someone uses tariffs on the goods coming from their country. Maybe they have begun to see how hypocritical their economic practices have been.