Life Advice: How Do I Get Myself Back Together?

I've reached the conclusion that I'm in a depression rut. I’m a 24 year old college student who still lives at home. I’m only 5’8, 120 lbs and I hate it because I want to gain 40-50 lbs. I average 4 hours of sleep a night, I’ll go a day or 2 without showering, sometimes forget to brush my teeth in the... show more I've reached the conclusion that I'm in a depression rut.

I’m a 24 year old college student who still lives at home. I’m only 5’8, 120 lbs and I hate it because I want to gain 40-50 lbs. I average 4 hours of sleep a night, I’ll go a day or 2 without showering, sometimes forget to brush my teeth in the morning, barely putting any effort in anything I do unless I’m playing a video game. I will even go full days without eating or ever getting hungry. I’m introverted and slightly shy. I don’t like to start conversations because I’m not a good conversation starter and that makes it hard for me to try and talk to girls on a Friday night out. I’m extremely talkative with people I’m more familiar and comfortable with (I hope this is normal). I haven’t uploaded any new pictures to social media of myself since my last relationship either (5 years single)

So I guess my question would be, is this normal to be and feel so disconnected and depressed to this point? How do regain the confidence I lost? How do I become a better conversation starter? How do I get motivated to do more? How do I change my mental so that I can accomplish overcoming these problems I have with myself?

I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore and I can feel myself withering away as a dying flame tries to keep me going.
1 answer 1