Are GCSE important after you are 18 And shall I resist them?

So I came out of college with only 5 GCSE, including maths and English but all of these are at a C. I never got any science GCSE or other important ones like geography. The only ones I got were English , business studies, performing arts , health and social care and maths. I honestly didn’t care about my grades as I was just a immature teenager who wanted to be cool. I’m 18 now and have finished college , I got into university to study the degree I want but I am thinking about sitting my GCSE for biology , chemistry and physics. Do you think I should or not bother ? The reason I want to is because I don’t want to be the person that only has a few GCSE and I just honestly feel embarrassed about it especially when my siblings all have A* I at least want to get my science GCSE. It’s like even the older I get people carry on talking about like asking me how much GCSE did you get lol it might sound crazy to some but my extended family sat that education is very important. Don’t know how me getting a few more will change anything but it will help me with my confidence.

• Who

like f//k you got into a university to study for a degree with 5 GCSE's

It's too late and irrelevant now to get GCSEs after you are already working on a bachelor's degree in university. Focus on earning great grades in your university courses. That's what will matter to employers from here on out.

If you apply for a job you will probably have to list your GCSEs grades and having more of them at a higher grade might help.

If you want to succeed in life, decide on what you want to do for the rest of it, work out how you're going to be paid for doing it, find out what qualifications you need and study for them. There's no point getting qualifications just for the sake of it - you'll finish up as the most overqualified burger flipper in the whole of McDonalds.

Source(s): The most overqualified bore in the whole Darby and Joan Club.

If you are on an undergraduate degree course already there is no point in doing more GCSEs.