Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 5 months ago

Roasted or Baked Chicken? What is your preference -- AND WHY?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Todd
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Roasted or stewed.I like stewed because it so simple. You throw the bird in a pot with water and root vegetables, and viola, yyou have chicken and chicken stock.

• Rain
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Both types of preparation taste good.

• 5 months ago

Depends, but I probably prefer roasted because it’s probably more flavorful. But it totally depends on how you season it and how good a cook you are and the recipe or technique you are using.

Lately I’ve been making Jamie Olivers roasted chicken with cinnamon and sage and lemons in milk. It’s divine.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Basically, this is the same thing.

Roasting is done at a higher heat, and the purpose is to create a nice crispy crust/skin.

But if you are roasting skinless chicken breasts, you would want a lower heat (baking) so that the meat doesn't dry out (it's not protected by the skin and the fat in the skin, so the meat will tend to dry out if you cook it at a higher heat).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I prefer broasted

• 5 months ago

i like variety so it depends

• Anna E
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

First of all, it is basically the same process except that most people cut chicken into pieces for baking. You use the same seasonings. The baking time is shorter on pieces because they are smaller pieces and cook faster. The temperature for baking is usually lower as well.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Roasted chicken because it always comes out juicy and smells wonderful. Baked chicken tends to be drier.

• 5 months ago

I prefer roast chicken for the flavor

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I like both.

Roasting a whole chicken is so incredibly easy and makes the house smell great too. That crispy skin is wonderful and it's very nice to have the carcass to make soup stock. In the fall/winter, having the oven on for 1.5 hours also makes the kitchen nice and toasty warm.

That being said, I don't always have an hour and a half to roast a chicken or I want different flavors or a one-dish meal. There are gazillions of ways to bake chicken pieces which adds a whole lot of variety and interest to one's diet.

TL/DR?

Both. I love roasted chicken but I wouldn't want to eat it every day. I like variety.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.