Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 5 months ago

Guy doesn't believe online multiplayer is real in video games and tells me that the other players are just cpu. Why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

I had a penpal once who had been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia. (Which I think is like being 'a little bit pregnant'). He said he imagined everything coming in over his computer was artificial, that nothing at the other end of the line was real.

I can kind of see how people could think that. If you're old enough that you didn't grow up with computers, the computers themselves seem scary smart. Even without connecting to the Internet, you can have a conversation with the computer itself, or even a smartphone these days. You can play games against the computer. If you're not totally used to computers, like we are these days, you might be confused as to what's another person and what's the computer itself.

Even in the earliest online games, you could play against the computer or against another player at some undisclosed mysterious place on earth. And there wasn't much difference! You don't SEE another person, like you would in a board game or a card game, you just see cartoons on the screen. Even if you knew the difference you might not know which it is!

• 5 months ago

Looks like you got the answer you’re happy with

• 5 months ago

Hes been living under a rock.

• Vante4 months agoReport

Sad thing is he still doesn't believe it Lol 😂😂😂.

• 5 months ago

that im really unsure of

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya

• 5 months ago

Either he was trolling you, or he's a madman.

• 5 months ago

Guy might be trollin something fierce

ⓂⒾⓄ³

• 5 months ago

My crystal ball is broken. You'll have to ask him.

• 5 months ago

He's just trolling

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.