Renting a car in a country that drives on the left side?

I'm planning to rent a car in Japan and have already acquired a AAA International Driving Permit. It looks like this and a US Passport are all I need to rent a car, but I've never actually driven a car in a left-side country. I've ridden in cars in Ireland, Japan, and the UK, but have never been behind... show more I'm planning to rent a car in Japan and have already acquired a AAA International Driving Permit. It looks like this and a US Passport are all I need to rent a car, but I've never actually driven a car in a left-side country. I've ridden in cars in Ireland, Japan, and the UK, but have never been behind the wheel.

Will they require me to take some sort of test? Even if they don't require a test, are there any good resources or places stateside that would help me to be as prepared as possible?