Should I fire my new employee?

I just hired a new girl to work the summer at our ice cream shop. She started 3 weeks ago. Last Monday (her 2nd week) she asked to leave 1.5 hours early due to a family emergency. Today when I’m very short staffed she called in sick with the stomach bug. It has been going around the shop 2 of my other employees... show more I just hired a new girl to work the summer at our ice cream shop. She started 3 weeks ago. Last Monday (her 2nd week) she asked to leave 1.5 hours early due to a family emergency. Today when I’m very short staffed she called in sick with the stomach bug. It has been going around the shop 2 of my other employees have also called out sick (which is why I’m so short staffed) Im very angry she’s 22 so she is older then my other employees so I expected more from her as far as dependability. I asked her if she could try to come in tonight and close and she told me she has a fever and is vomiting. She also apparently went to the doctor and has a note. I’m strongly considering firing her as I’m finding she’s not dependable. She’s already left early once last week and is now calling out today. What is everyone’s thoughts? She’s a great worker and when she DOES come to work she’s always early or right on time.
12 answers 12