Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

What was the purpose of allowing level 7s to move questions?

Constantly having to move your question back to the correct category grows tiresome rather quickly

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yahoo though those level 7 users would be responsible enough move the questions and not abuse it. In my opinion, lever 7 users shouldn't be allowed to move questions at all.

• 5 months ago

It's a means of giving middle aged males who still live in their mothers' basements something to occupy themselves.

• 5 months ago

The purpose was to allow questions placed in the wrong category to moved to the correct one.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It's mainly so libtards, atheists and other trolls can hide questions.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

There is no point. They take advantage. They're all trolls who have no life.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It made no sense as surely they must have known it would be abused.

Lv 7
    5 months ago

The purpose was to help ensure questions landed in the most appropriate subcategory for the topic, and the YA programmers wrongly assumed users who had been on the site long enough to reach Level 7 must be responsible users who followed the rules, and would be good stewards to help ensure questions were properly placed. They were wrong, and that wouldn't be so bad IF they had provided an easy way to report question moving abuse (which they did not). Now that there is no YA Team, we're left with no good way to report the abuse and complaints to Verizon's abuse department seem to go unheeded (likely because they are hired to deal with Verizon issues, not Yahoo issues).

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

It's pretty much a spot on answer. It's sad to see the site has become what it is now, compared to a couple years ago, when I had to take a break, and mainly for health reasons.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The purpose is to Correct Questions that were Placed in the Wrong Category and Move them to the Correct Category

Unfortunately it is Abused by a lot of people and a lot of people dont do the Right thing and Move it to the Correct Category instead they move it to the Wrong place they need to take it away

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yahoo mistakenly thought they were mature enough to do it correctly

• 5 months ago

I use my level 7 power responsibly - I typically only move questions that have obviously been placed in the wrong category.

The exception is for trolls, whose questions all end up in 'yahoo widgets' (probably annoying anyone who actually cares about the 'yahoo widgets' section).

Sometimes I will move a question to a relevant category - even though there is high level of probability that the person is just trolling.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.