Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 5 months ago

pimple/cyst thing on vagina?

theres been this lump under my vaginal lip for awhile now. its kind of right next to it, not like in my vagina, on my normal skin, right next to my lip in that grey area between there and my butt. it grows and shrinks a lot, and isnt mobile, but very prominent under the skin. today i noticed it had a white head, and while i was looking at it in the mirror it popped. there was a lot of puss and afterward there was still more. does anyone know what this is and if its dangerous?

im 15 a virgin. its irritated but not ridiculously painful

I would guess a carbuncle which is also called a boil. They are very common in sweaty areas. They can also spread. Keep the area as clean as possible, make sure to also wash your hands. There is a soap you can buy at any drug store called Hibiclens. I was told it is basically surgical soap. I am guessing it would irritate private areas so be careful. I would tell your parents. If you get another one, I would definitely tell them and see a Dr. A Dr. should culture the infection to determine which antibiotics will be effective to kill the bacteria. If your general health is bad, abnormally tired or sore, see a dr. even if you don't have another sore.

Source(s): I was eventually hospitalized with a staph infection which was misdiagnosed for over 6 months. The medication I was prescribed worked to improve how I felt but didn't eliminate the bacteria in my body.

Apply warm towels to the area and if it does not resolve you may need a topical and or oral antibiotic. Could be anything from inflamed hair follice to cyst but warm compresses are a good start.

• Gert

It could be a Bartholin Cyst. Your doctor needs to look at it.

• audrey

Sounds like a boil. Keep it clean and as dry as you can in that area. About all you can do.

• Jim2

Not an expert, but it sounds like it is just a boil. I've had them too. No big deal. Keep it clean. Plenty of soap and water. It should start to heal up now that it has popped. Boils are not associated with STD's or anything, but from warm, wet areas on your body. They are caused by germs.

• Ana

STD. Who ya been with?!

Also whether it’s painful or not kind of matters... you didn’t mention that