Will my two parakeets keep a cockatiel company?

I have had a pair of parakeets for around two years and am looking to get a cockatiel. I am getting a separate cage for the cockatiel, but they will be in the same room of my house. If I get one cockatiel will the bonded pair of budgies keep it company or should I try to get a pair of cockatiels? I spend a lot of... show more I have had a pair of parakeets for around two years and am looking to get a cockatiel. I am getting a separate cage for the cockatiel, but they will be in the same room of my house. If I get one cockatiel will the bonded pair of budgies keep it company or should I try to get a pair of cockatiels? I spend a lot of time in the room with my birds and I am able to get them out for about half an hour each day, so I just want to make sure that the cockatiel won t be lonely. My parakeets have never really paid attention to me, only each other, so I would really like for the cockatiel to be more bonded to me than another bird, but also want to make sure it has the company it will enjoy!
1 answer 1