Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

How to apologize to neighbors?

My mother went out to water her plants and my dog ran out and my neighbors were outside with their doberman, i don’t know exactly what happened at first but my mom called me over and my chihuahua was barking at the dog while one of them held it and mine even went to bite the dogs behind. the one holding their dog said “could someone get their dog please thanks” (which had a rude tone to it and im,, very sensitive and im overthinking it now) while i went over to pick her up and i laughed and said “im sorry” as i picked her up (the laugh was a reflex i don’t know how to Deal With Things) before going back inside. i really don’t want them to hate me and i know this was my fault for not properly raising my dog (i got her when i was 15 and never bothered to train her, i don’t even know how,,, i shouldn’t have adopted until i was ready) is there anything i could do to show them im sorry?? like a gift? im really thinking too much about this, i don’t want tension between us, what could i do to make it better?

Ask them if they would like some Chihuahua Kebab for dinner.

• ron h

I agree with Anna. Go knock on the door and say that you're really sorry that happened and that you're so glad their dog was so gentle with yours. And tell them that you were really surprised that your little shi t of a dog was fearless with a dog that could have swallowed her in one bite. I'd say something like that to explain why you laughed a lttle.

• Jen5 months agoReport

If Ur in the wrong send flowers and a note to say sorry

• *****

The best apology would be to train your dog not to run out the door when opened so that it doesn't happen again.

Yra.... ...........................

Say to **** off

Unless their dog/anyone involved was seriously injured in the event I’d say your apology in the moment probably covers it. Anything more than that might actually weird them out since they’ve probably already forgotten about the incident. I’d say the best thing you can do now is make sure it doesn’t happen again.

• GEEGEE

I'd be inclined to not apologize again. My coworker has a poodle and she took him to Petsmart for obedience classes. The owner does the class with the dog. My coworker didn't finish the classes, only went to a few, but learned various tricks and techniques

to get the dog to behave. I think for small dogs that's really important since they are at a disadvantage size wise with other animals and could be killed during an encounter.

• Ocimom

Work on training your dog in basic obedience NOW. Watch videos, call a training facility, but do something about the behavior of your dog. Then you can go to your neighbors and tell them again you are very sorry for what happened and that you are in the process of training your dog more.

your chi managed to escape and harass a doberman and you are feeling badly and apologetic ...I KNOW first hand the feeling, something similar happened with one of mine... not a chi but with an attitude beyond belief, nothing intimidated him, no fear....one day at a local park getting out of my car with my dogs that one spotted a runner coming quickly down the road with his gsd attached...before I could grab my dog he took off like a rocket, furiously running down the road and charging the runners gsd...I held my breath, horrified of the consequences....I heard a loud shriek as I saw my dog run under the legs of that large dog, certain he was torn apart...what shocked me was the ability of that german shepherd dog to refrain crushing mine in retaliation, he could have killed him but that dog did not.. there was not a mark on him, no blood, no injury.

I was deeply ashamed and apologetic to the runner, but most of all my esteem of the shepherd dog soared...without mauling my dog in response, he taught him a lesson he would never forget....for your situation the most profound apology is to always have your dog leashed and under control, your neighbors will.be pleased to see this.

• Anna E

Don't get a gift, just go over yourself and apologize. Stuff happens, but just realize that if they had not had control of their dog, it could have killed your dog with one snap.