New cat in area is bullying my cat. Shall I confront the owners?

The newcomers have only been in the area about 3 months, but already their cat has bullied my cat since they arrived. It was particularly bad last night when we heard screeching and saw the new cat chase after mine and then saw fur flying all over the back garden. I had to spray the new cat with water, but that... show more The newcomers have only been in the area about 3 months, but already their cat has bullied my cat since they arrived. It was particularly bad last night when we heard screeching and saw the new cat chase after mine and then saw fur flying all over the back garden. I had to spray the new cat with water, but that didn t really help until I went out and clapped my hands loud and off he/she went. What do I do? My cat of 9 years is terrified of going out now where he used to love to.
Update: He's an outdoor cat, TB12, in what was a quiet cat-free area. I can't turn his lifestyle around just like that after 9 years.