Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 5 months ago

BUMP ON LIP????

Okay so last night I put cinnamon all over my lips and let it sit there then I washed it off. A few hours later I noticed a small kinda itchy bump but painless near the corner of my lip. The next morning it got a little bigger and my top lip was numb and was swelling and dry. Do you think this came from the cinnamon? I had a similar reaction when I used a cinnamon chapstick, but never a bump. Do you think this is a cold sore bc I’ve never had one before? I haven’t been kissing anyone.

It’s from the cinnamon. You have a slight allergy to cinnamon. That’s like me with fruits. Any juice from a fruit, I get itchy lips and sometimes I get a bump. My throat and just all inside my mouth will itch too. It’s an allergic reaction. It’ll go away. Just don’t bite the bump like I do because it’s an annoying itch/pain from the reaction. I don’t know why I get the urge to slightly bite it. Leave it alone and it’ll just go away on its own. I still eat fruit obviously because I love fruit and my allergy is not so bad where I can’t stand it.

I don’t always get a bump but if you bite your lips, you may have had a sore and the cinnamon irritated it which is why a bump came(a bump can still come otherwise). That happens to me with the fruit juice. I bite my lips and if there’s a part of my lip where I bit it too much and it’s a little sore, juice gets in it from a fruit, then a bump comes.

Anyways, it’s just an allergic reaction you are having.

Cinnamon is a strong spice anyways.

• jenn

maybe you’re allergic to cinnamon. take allergy meds and see if it goes away

• Are you allergic to cinnamon?

Sounds like you're allergic to cinnamon. I suggest to stop eating cinnamon for now, and get allergy tested to find out if you're allergic.

Are you allergic to cinnamon?

Probably an allergic reaction.