Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 5 months ago

Is it normal for my hand to bruise like this days after having blood drawn out of it?

Antime a medical technician draws blood from your hands can carry a minor bruise that should disappear.Twice a year for 20 years, I give a sample of blood for testing. I always have a small bruise. Having an MRI- or CAT-scan the procedure to allow the scan to be more visible.

harrald

• Pippin

Yes, it's very normal to have a bruise for several days after a blood draw. It may be tender or sore too.

Remember, once the needle is pulled out, the blood still leaks from your vein even when it's covered. The blood pools out and eventually the vein heals within a matter of seconds or minutes. But now the blood that leaked out has nowhere to go, hence forming the bruise. How long it takes to go away varies. It's already in the last stages of fading because of the yellow tint, so it's normal.

your blood pooled under the skin . normal .

How many days are you talking about? it's possible certainly.