Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Pug or beagle? (Not hounds)?

Wich dog is overall better for a house dog

Beagles, they're super cute and don't have as many health problems. Plus their ears are so soft and they're more snuggly

• Ocimom

A Beagle IS A hound. Beagles are tough to housebreak, they howl and dig a lot and need to be kept on a leash when outside. They are notorious for ignoring you if they pick up a scent trail and take off.

Pugs are bred to be house dogs but they do come with a lot of breathing and other health problems and they shed a ton!

IMO I would not chose either one to be my house dog. I did own Beagle and Beagle mix when younger and I would NEVER have another one.

• Maxi

A beagle is a hound and personally I would not want to choose either breed as they don't suit what I like

Pugs. Beagles are runners. If they get loose you might not get him/her back. Pugs are easy and cute. I had both breeds. I have beagles right now and they can be a pain in the butt.

Hounds are better

You do know that a beagle IS a hound, right?

Beagles are good house pets for someone who might want a more active dog, a dog to romp and play with the kids, or to keep the yard free of vermin.

If you are not an active person, the pug will be a better choice.

The beagle is a very outgoing, free and independent dog and is part of the breed being agitated.

It is excellent dog for the family, the beagle is affectionate and playful with the children. These characteristics make him a great companion for children, who will surely have fun guaranteed with this dog. Strangers are going to become great beagle friends quickly.

The beagle likes to be heard and is known for barking, howling and barking a lot.

The pug is a breed of dog that fits well in apartments and smaller spaces, provided they are always fresh.

Sometimes they are lazy and do not like physical activities much, but at the same time they are quite playful and cheerful.

It is extremely friendly and very child-friendly. Very loving and attached to humans, they are fully happy simply because they are part of a family.

They are two dogs of similar and docile characteristics. The beagle is busier and the pug is more lazy.

Beagles bugle & howl a lot. They are hounds.

I do not like any of the breeds that have a smashed in faces, they have lots of problems.

https://www.dogster.com/dog-health-care/health-iss...

I think this rules out both breeds.

Neither, but it depends on how much money you have allotted for Vet bills.

• zeno

Toy poodle as they are smarter than most dogs.

My poodle used to scratch the door when he

Needed To go to the bathroom outside. Over

All one of the best dogs around. He loved to

Run and play fetch and got all happy when

I came to the door and came inside.