Is it wrong to hit your dog/puppy?

A couple months ago I got a dog. I live with my parents and siblings. I am the youngest. My family thinks that hitting the dog is a good idea. I know everyone has their own opinions but I personally don’t think it’s a good idea. When i talk about it they say I’m acting stupid and it’s the only way the dog will... show more A couple months ago I got a dog. I live with my parents and siblings. I am the youngest. My family thinks that hitting the dog is a good idea. I know everyone has their own opinions but I personally don’t think it’s a good idea. When i talk about it they say I’m acting stupid and it’s the only way the dog will learn right from wrong. For and example if my dog goes up stairs she gets a smack. Today she got smacked and she was scared and ran straight to her bed. I notice whenever one of my parents is near her (the one that hits her) she gets scared and runs off or just doesn’t seem how she usually is. I know I can’t do anything I just want to see other opinions about this.
33 answers 33