Dermatology botox procedure. Provider is insurance selective?

My husbands insurance approved a derm consultation for botox treatment for his super severe palmar hyperhidrosis.. the Derm told him he will not do the procedure because he will lose money but will do it we paid out of pocket (self-pay) why would we do that if we have insurance and they approved it? I work w/ pcp... show more My husbands insurance approved a derm consultation for botox treatment for his super severe palmar hyperhidrosis.. the Derm told him he will not do the procedure because he will lose money but will do it we paid out of pocket (self-pay) why would we do that if we have insurance and they approved it? I work w/ pcp and we cant even make pts with insurance do a self-pay because its against the law. U have insurance then we have to bill the insurance. Thoughts? What should we do? Call the medical board?
1 answer 1