Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 5 months ago

Should I be worried about my son?

He has this small black dot on his lip that he’s had since birth and a dark black splotch on his spine that he’s had for years. My friend said he might have skin cancer. Should I be worried?

If the spots were truly from cancer from birth, they would have certainly grown and the cancer would have spread by now.. I wouldn't worry about it, don't we all have black spots or moles throughout our bodies?

Absolutely he has cancer of the skin

• kelvin

how about you stop listening to your so called friend

Mongolian blue spot???

If his doctor has never said anything(if they know about it) then you shouldn’t worry.

If you really want to know more, ask your doctor to check it out if he/she never has.

A black dot could be a small mole(beauty mark). Everyone has those on their bodies.

The dark black splotch could be a birth mark. If he’s had them since birth then I wouldn’t worry as it is how he was born. But like a said, ask the doctor to check them out.

You said the black spots were present at birth. If they haven't changes in size or appearance its not cancer. If you child has ever seen a doctor, then docs have already seen the spots. You might just wait until you need to take him to the doc for some other purpose and then ask the doc to look at the spots. Or if you are going to fret about it, take him to a doc for you own peace of mind.

• Bill

all black spots are reason for concern so a visit to a skin cancer specialist would be a preventative measure

If it is worrying you take him to a Dr. Even if its nothing it will put your mind at ease.

No you should be ok