14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

No

Love is love always.

• 5 months ago

It seems to be a matter of how much testosterone you were exposed to in the womb.

But other things have included an epigenetic theory.

Imagine a 100% heterosexual man and 100% heterosexual woman were to have a baby (that happens often enough). The conception of the baby would normally have the epigenetic from its same-sex parent. Imagine the particular epigenetic is like a sticky note, which on straight men and lesbians, says "Yeah, men aren't your jam at all, but women are goddesses!", and on straight women and gay men, says "Yeah, you definitely want to have sex with dudes ohhh but not chicks though. No way.". The idea is you would instead, get it from your opposite-sex parent.

In terms of bisexuals and asexuals, we probably got a fusion of sticky notes that would either turn out to be, "You should like girls. Heck, guys are a load of fun too so why not?" or for asexuals, "You're not gonna wanna be sexy with nobody, muh dude."

So genetic? Pretty likely. Disorder? No way.

• 5 months ago

It can have genetic elements, but no, it's not a genetic disorder.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Homophobia is a learned behavior; there is nothing wrong with being LGBT+.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Of course it is

• Rhona
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Of course it is not

• 5 months ago

It's not genetic, but it is a disorder.

• 5 months ago

No. There is no "gay" gene. There is no "wrong sex gene." None of that is genetic. They have mapped the entire human genome and there is zip, Nada, zero genes that determine sexual issues other than the X and Y chromosomes that determine your birth sex. Having said that, there is some indication that exposure to hormones during the pregnancy can cause sexual orientation and identification issues. One study I can recall was about the diethylstilbesterol being given during a woman's pregnancy increases the odds that a girl will be born with gay inclinations. One reference to it is below, I can not recall where I read the original study. I am sure they have more info now. In that case, if we know what causes gayism then we can treat for it during the pregnancy and the whole gay issue might go away.

• 5 months ago

It's related to hormones in the womb while a fetus is developing.

Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. Most gays & lesbians have heterosexual parents.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.