Margie asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

My friend put the advantage multi the vet gave her for her cat's ear mites in her cat's ears.?

I told her you were supposed to put it on the cat's back on it's skin. She took a q-tip and cotton balls and wiped it out. Is that enough. The cat is acting normally right now, several hours later. Should she be concerned?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Monitor your cat, especially inside its ears. If theres any sign of swelling, redness, or irritation call a vet. also if she stops eating or becomes lethargic,

• J C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

She needs to call the vet - it is a topical that goes on the skin, between the shoulder blades and the back of the neck. This has done damage to the cat's ears, and will do nothing for the ear mites. The cat needs to be seen, and she needs to do better at listening and reading.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Give the vet a call and see what next. Your friend needs to learn how to read directions or ask how somethings applied, when she gets the instructions she needs to learn to repeat them back. I've never heard of a vet telling a client to put the flea and tick medication directly in the ear she re it burns and causes pain. She must have assumed and is ignorant about proper pet care.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you are treating ticks and fleas, it goes between the shoulder blades. Didn’t the vet tell her where the medication was supposed to be applied?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

yes call the vet and ask her

• Margie5 months agoReport

The vet isn't there and the cat is acting normally. She wiped the ears out well. It doesn't look like any damage was done. The vet should have told her how to use it since she never used a product like this before and always put a flea and tick collar on her cat.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.