Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Do those pet scent sprays work so dogs do not pee in the house?

I was some sprays at walmart and it's a scent?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

NOPE,,,the only thing that works is properly housebreaking.

• 5 months ago

They did not work for me, the spray only stunk up the house! Dog still peed. My dog never peed in the house until I let my brother bring his male dog into the house during a visit. They both started peeing. Then after my brother went home with his dog, my dog continued until his death to mark inside the house!

• 5 months ago

No it doesnt Its marketed for idiots to buy. housetrain the dog instead....Its proven to work

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

I have never used any of them. I potty train right away. First two things you need to teach/train your pup is potty training & teaching a puppy not to bite. Potty training is easy if you know what you are doing. Use Google to find the method or way you can potty train your dog. More than one way to teach/train to go potty outside. You need to get up off your behind & train the dog.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

If a dog is left alone for a long time it will pee in the house. Consequently the sprays won't work.

• 5 months ago

It depends on WHAT sprays you are asking about.

There are simple carpet freshening sprays (like Febreze) or

Sprays like people are told to use ON pee pads as an attractant to encourage puppies TO GO inside and on them (NOT a good idea ever - IMO) or

Carpet CLEANING sprays to help try and eliminate the STAIN and try to discourage a puppy or dog from going again in the same area - LIKE Nature's Miracle (and I do not know of another or better product than it).

The best solution is to WATCH the dog or puppy carefully for signs they need to go out, to crate judiciously (when you cannot watch them fully WITH BOTH EYE BALLS) and housebreak them, so the cleaning is no longer needed.

Once the animal is housebroken - get the carpets STEAM CLEANED!

• tom
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Yes they do work.

• 5 months ago

They might, but for me, all too often scented sprays and carpet cleaners smell worse than what's already there!!

What works with dogs who pee in the house is HOUSETRAINING!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.