Confused about BSN and college programs?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I’m wondering about the BSN (Bachelor of Science Nursing) degree. I live in NYC and already did 2 yrs community college, currently in the middle of completing prerequisite classes for a nursing program when I transfer next spring. Question is this: What if I transfer to a four year... show more Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I’m wondering about the BSN (Bachelor of Science Nursing) degree. I live in NYC and already did 2 yrs community college, currently in the middle of completing prerequisite classes for a nursing program when I transfer next spring.

Question is this:

What if I transfer to a four year college/university, complete all prerequisites, and then apply to their nursing program but don’t get accepted to theirs? Am I stuck at that college? Most NYC colleges make you enroll to the college first before applying to their nursing program with no guarantee. If I don’t get in will I have to just get a BS (Bachelor of Science) and then do an accelerated program or can I transfer to another four year and try another nursing program before obtaining a bachelor’s degree? I’m really confused on what I’m supposed to do and hope what I’m trying to convey is understandable. Thank you.