if i own a house, how many bills do i get in maryland? there should be 3 bills right? electric, gas and water? am i missing anything?

except mortgage?

Update:

and how often do they come?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Property tax, sewage may be part of the water bill or it could be a separate billing, trash collection!

• ron h
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

taxes, sewer, trash collection. phone, TV

• B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

if you own a house, you need insurance and pay insurance on the house, and property taxes on the house (this is usually over $250 a month alone), and cable bill and cell phone bill and sewer bills, and garbage pickup bills, and bills for the maintenance of the house like cleaning materials and snow removals and of course electric and gas and water

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It is not inexpensive to be a homeowner. Just when you think things have settled down up pops a repair that needs to be done. Some you can do yourself but if the home is older then the furnace can go anytime (bought a property for rental purposes and 1 day after the central system went down that was 10K immediately due) and all matter of other things even with a good inspector. Oh and my troubles WERE not because the owners lied or anything it is just the shiP happens theory of life.

So to get to the final thing you need an emergency fund of 3-5K as a homeowner.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Insurance: Car, Home, Life....

Cable/Internet Provider

Telecom

Garbage

Might be other monthly bills for stuff you don't want or can't do....

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sewer might be on the water bill. cable and phone if you have them.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Property taxes, insurance, telephone, cable, internet

• 6 months ago

Insurance, property taxes, Internet/phone/tv access. Probably garbage service.

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

HOA (applies only to certain neighborhoods)

Property Taxes

Homeowner's Insurance

Maintenance Costs (noteworthy only because if you rent, you don't have this)

City Taxes

Trash

• 6 months ago

TAXES, don't forget about taxes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.