My Fish Tank killed ALL my fish!!?

I have a 55 gallon fish tank, it has a heater, double filter, light, gravel, etc.. I had it for a while now, when I first got fish they were fine. Over time they died from being overfed (swimbladder) because I was inexperienced at the time. I learned a lot now.. recently I had 5 goldfish in the aquarium and they... show more I have a 55 gallon fish tank, it has a heater, double filter, light, gravel, etc.. I had it for a while now, when I first got fish they were fine. Over time they died from being overfed (swimbladder) because I was inexperienced at the time. I learned a lot now.. recently I had 5 goldfish in the aquarium and they were doing fine I did water changes, I made sure to feed them precisely, and one by one they started dying of dropsy.. I only had 3 left and one day I noticed that they ALL had dropsy. I separated them and meditated them with kanaplex and only fed them peas mashed with the medicine. They all died anyway... my question is should I take the chance of disinfecting the tank and starting all over or should I just get rid of the tank and get a new one?
4 answers 4