Disagreement with mom, don't know what to do?

My mom's friends introduced my bf to me, who lives/work in VA. My mom also played a role in pushing me to give him a chance. But now she is really against the idea of my long distance relationship (NY and VA). I never said for sure I will move but she doesn't like the fact that this is a possibility. My bf,... show more My mom's friends introduced my bf to me, who lives/work in VA. My mom also played a role in pushing me to give him a chance. But now she is really against the idea of my long distance relationship (NY and VA). I never said for sure I will move but she doesn't like the fact that this is a possibility. My bf, on the other hand, wants me to move down there, which I told him is too soon to think about. He has a really good job there. He told me him moving back to NY is very unlikely, but anything is possible, especially considering his parents are here as well. My mom is really upset saying all I think about now is my bf. She keeps saying she can't force me anything or tie me down, and that she won't take responsibility of us breaking up and ruining my happiness. But if I do move, there's nothing she can do, except being very unhappy. She even said if she thought this through, she would've never told me to go on the first date with my bf.
I am stressed out by this. Me and my bf really like each other, but then I have to take my mom's feelings into consideration too. I am in no way purposely trying to upset her. I know she means well for me but I also feel that I should be able to make my own decisions and be able to take risks (I'm already 30).
Right now, I don't know how to talk to her, or even apologize to her. I don't want to just give up on this relationship so easily.