My boyfriend can be sort of toxic and controlling. I’m not happy anymore but I can’t leave because I don’t know how to drive. I need advice?

My entire family is pretty psychotic for the most part except for a few people so I really don’t have anyone to lean on when I leave this relationship. My parents are controlling and toxic as well but controlling in a different way than he is. I also don’t have a lot of friends. I have like two friends also. I... show more My entire family is pretty psychotic for the most part except for a few people so I really don’t have anyone to lean on when I leave this relationship. My parents are controlling and toxic as well but controlling in a different way than he is. I also don’t have a lot of friends. I have like two friends also. I worry if I leave my boyfriend I won’t find anyone else because most men would get irritated at having to drive a girl everywhere. Not my boyfriend. That’s pretty much the only thing he doesn’t get frustrated over. I have had crippling anxiety by entire life ( I’m 27 now) which had effected my ability to drive. Now I’m finally going to therapy and learning how to drive but it’s going to take a while before I will be able to drive on the real road. I made a new guy friend a couple months of ago when I was in target and he’s an amazing person but I fear if he finds out I can’t drive he will think less of me. This man doesn’t have kids, he has a nice car, his own apartment, he’s great with money, he’s funny, laid back, and he never gets mad or loses his temper over anything. Me and my friend also Both want to be writers. My boyfriend has 3 kids by two different women and is living with his grandmother. What makes me upset is how when I say something my boyfriend always has to be like “ why do you have say your words like that why can’t you open your mouth all the way why do you have to put an emphasis on those words.”some people say it’s a form of OCD but idk.
Update: Then the other day I told my boyfriend it would be good for me to live alone before we move in together so I can get a taste of independence but he said i will never truly be able to do what I want because i will have to follow the rules of the apartment complex. I was going to move in with him to save money but I... show more Then the other day I told my boyfriend it would be good for me to live alone before we move in together so I can get a taste of independence but he said i will never truly be able to do what I want because i will have to follow the rules of the apartment complex. I was going to move in with him to save money but I don't know if it would be a good idea to move straight out of my parents controlling ways into someone elses control. I will have no time to discover who i am.
Update 2: my boyfriend said " you can do that but then i decide when we move to new york." our plan was to move to new york in two years so that i could begin my writing career.
Update 3: THere was a point in my life where my boyfriend didn't want me driving at all because he felt like i would put myself in others in danger but i think he's starting to warm up to the idea now.
Update 4: my parents used to drive me around but they don't want to drive me around anymore and I don't blame them for that. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years so he's been driving me around for a long time.