Can I be on a lease but not fully live there, and keep my old address?

My boyfriend is looking for an apartment and found one he really likes. The issue is that it is a 2 BR, and the owner will not rent a 2 BR to a single tenant because it is considered "over housing," even though he can afford the apartment by himself. The owner said the only way he could get approved is... show more My boyfriend is looking for an apartment and found one he really likes. The issue is that it is a 2 BR, and the owner will not rent a 2 BR to a single tenant because it is considered "over housing," even though he can afford the apartment by himself. The owner said the only way he could get approved is with a roommate.
(The apartment complex is mostly for low-income families who receive rent assistance, but they do also rent at the base price without assistance. Even though my boyfriend will not need rent assistance and can afford a 2BR apartment at base price, they don't allow this because it's considered to be living beyond your means.)

When he moves, I was already planning on basically "half" moving in with him, as I would be spending a lot of time there. So I will have stuff there and be there often, but still primarily live with my parents. Can I sign the lease so that he can get approved, but not fully live there? If I sign the lease, do I have to update my insurance with that new address? I want to keep my parents' address as my address, because then I can stay under their car insurance and have other benefits. And I will mostly be living at that address anyways. But if I am on a lease, does that have to become my official address?

I'm new to all of this so I apologize if any of these are dumb questions.