Jay asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Will if be ok if I eat chicken on the day it says for it to be used by?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Kept it frozen?

• 5 months ago

yes, of course.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Smell. Use your nose. Dates mean virtually nothing.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You could have created the poison that will kill you and wipe your genes from the earth the moment you got it home or it could be great food years later depending on handling and storage. Say you left it in the car while you got stuck in line at the DMV. You're dead if you used it 3 weeks before the date. If you have a meat draw with a vent to the compressor that keeps meats half frozen, it'll last weeks after the so called date.

People want to hack the system and talk about the dates being bullshit. But the scenario is they come frozen from the supplier. The display case defrosts them. Someone with some food science background does some math and decides when it'll be tasty and not going to kill you maintaining those conditions.

Variations on those conditions vary the outcome of eating it as per the "best by" date.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

you'll be fine...don't worry

• 5 months ago

Yeah as long as it doesn't smell bad and as long it still looks okay then you'll be alright.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

yes you will be fine

• IOM
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sure, no problem. Enjoy!

• 5 months ago

You will be much better off than the chicken, at least.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I walked in the store and it said no food or drinks allowed so I went home

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.