Sam asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

Why are lonely people so bad at hugs?

It’s like they want to burrow into you and steal as much bodily warmth as possible. Why can’t they just hug like normal people instead of parasites?

You sound unwell

You have a sad life if you cannot accept a good hug.

There's a way to hug wrong? Gosh i doubt it. When i hug my brother we pat each other on the back. When i hug my mom, she burries he face in my chest and we hold on tight. When my dad hugs me, i just limply stand there without hugging back. When my friend hugs me, we usually keep our hand on each others shoulders for a few minutes. When my boyfriend hugs me, it's gentle but secure at the same time.

Idk bro you figure out

I'm kinda haphephobic myself, perhaps even a bit homophobic, which is why I've never been much of a hugger. It creeps me out incredibly when another woman grabs me and embraces me very tightly so her boobs mash up against mine. What am I supposed to do, push her away? I don't know if big huggers are always so lonely or that they mean to tick us off. They sometimes just have boundary issues and wrongfully assume, with all good intentions, that the other person enjoys or maybe even needs the hug.

Because they are not used to hugging

Maybe you're the bad hugger. You shouldn't be hugging people if the hug isn't meant to comfort them in some way. More love less Grinch buddy

In order to make such a generalization, you would have to have hugged all the lonely people there are. If you hugged one a second, 24 hours a day, you would need 200 years. That's ambitious. Perhaps some lonely people are desperately lonely and as you so scornfully put it, try to receive any and all of the human warmth they can in any encounter, certainly to include any hug. Ever needed anything desperately, have you? Would you like to receive someone's scorn instead of that piece of bread or whatever it was you desperately needed?

I see your basing your parasite label on

Lonely people, and is that fair and reasonable?

So how based on this theory of yours could

Folk become quote less parasitic unquote?

Walk around holding hands, a sixties Peace

party, perhaps?

Consider thermal underwater if heat loss is

An issue please?

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Study Informal bring back

Woodstock!

• JASON

Because I don't get to practice.