Did some kind of malevolent spirit attach itself to me?

I was a happy kid...I always wore bright, frilly clothes and I loved life. As a teenager I was beaming, bubbly, giggly, and social. But when I turned 16...it was like a switch flipped. Before I go on let me just say that there were no real triggers. I had a good, healthy life and I was doing well in school. I... show more I was a happy kid...I always wore bright, frilly clothes and I loved life. As a teenager I was beaming, bubbly, giggly, and social.

But when I turned 16...it was like a switch flipped. Before I go on let me just say that there were no real triggers. I had a good, healthy life and I was doing well in school. I started becoming obsessed with demonology...the occult...horror. it got so bad that my mother ended up blocking the Chiller movie channel on our TV. I started wearing nothing but black and would wear the darkest makeup I could do.

As time went on I was diagnosed with severe mental illnesses which I had never had before. My parents tried to bring me to a priest but they wouldn't exorcize me without proof of something being there. I was self harming, hurting my parents, and trying to off myself every year, multiple times.

Long story short, I'm 23 now and nothing has changed. I only wear black, I practice witchcraft, I'm obsessed with death and decay, and I have absolutely no friends. I feel alienated by my violent and disturbing mind. Is it possible that a spirit is causing this? A demon? I was never sick like this prior to turning 16.