Do we live in an ideal world or no?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

We live in a world most of whose elements are beyond our control. How one characterizes it is subjective and doesn’t alter the world’s basic nature all that much. But people’s filters are subjective and these are what create their perceptions. Maybe some people see it through a filter of idealism.

• 5 months ago

the world was never ideal for humans. We have made it more habitable (cleaner water). It is amazing. but the society"civilized " is not. I think those that lived on the land and traded rather than marketed with advertising and paid actors so much money for no real work, had the right idea. Aren't mot of the problems we have due to progress?

• P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. As we live in a constantly changing world the answer to your question must be no.

• 5 months ago

The answer is no - my question is why continue to have children knowing this? Life is suffering and there's no need for it.

• Tony5 months agoReport

You're on a philosophy forum & because you see something you don't like you say to get counselling?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

That depends on who is defining an ideal. One persons ideal may be not be what another person thinks ideally.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

There will be all in this world. You have to choose correct place and people for your living.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

As if more than a minuscule minority have the $ & time for that.

• 5 months ago

There are people who go to the ideals.

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

It depends on how you define "ideal".

• 5 months ago

Depends where u live and if u like your situation

• 5 months ago

Obviously not.

With science & BIG technology we have a critical few years until we know how the deadly CO2

increase "pans out".

And unfortunately in some areas of Philosophy-of-the-Environment^ in Yahoo answers for

example there is little ideal help or awareness of such a gigantic mistake by ordinary generations

like ours now.

We have t try to act responsibility & that can be done with a "grown up" philosophy aiding us

together with responsible teachers & leaders.

Young people themselves we MUST help not-to-be-too ideally despondent at what lies ahead,

at least they & we know just what the problem is & that localised action can be ideal in working

together peaceably & effectively towards a better goal of a better environment.

So we can & should learn how to use already the tools available to turn the coming mistakes

into a less problematic future, a future where a mistaken ideal world can lead us not just into

believing we have failed (before trying)) but also to see "fake failure" which makes us give-up

too easily.

Incidently this has been the case in a less serious problem connected with how responsibly

Philosophy itself should have been proceeding for a long long time (its been proceeding

badly in a pseudo-ideal way, what has come to be known as a Non-critical hence a non

rational way. But that big problem is & has been rightly turned just-into-a-pastime, ideally

& unfortunately, because of the more dangerous immediate problem-of-the general overall

Environment described above. The environment hazards do look to be multiplying what

with the emerging concerns with plastic pollution -rapidly getting more into fish etcetera

causing more microplastic to enter all our physical bodies- and about radioactive waste

& contamination from toxic manmade materials (see for example the Fukashima accident

& release of deadly & long lasting isotopes).

Interested people may wish to read Elisabeth Kolbert's fine work called the Sixth Extinction

where the (ideal) implication concerns the future of the cultures of mankind -including very

broadly & very sketchily (necessarily so for just here one person, E. Kolbert's work) most

of the current life-on-Earth.

Perhaps a bit too-far-fetched & ideal for those of us who may well be "living it up" right now

& right here say on any other Yahoo category!

So again we must be cautious in not being too idealistically & contagiously mentally overawed

by the probably "culture shook" of all these problems & mistakes that are seemingly coming-

our-way.

I myself well remember reading in the 1980's the semi-factual & critically rational work of

the sociologist (amateur or expert) Alvin Toffler.. whose book called "Future Shock" has a

lasting impact upon me & others at that time - he wrote about a coming future world which

was dangerously UNPLANNED & very very different from that of the carefree 80's too!

And perhaps Toffler was not-so-wrong after all !

Nevertheless... NONE of us were intended to live-in-such an ideal or idealistic world.

I myself have had to learn-to-modify my own philosophy expectations, in an "environmental

way" similar I guess to how scientists & other ordinary citizens are so doing right now.

They like us also have to Learn quicker & quicker & make small-but-significant learning

mistakes - just to see what can be done to help make this "ideal, problematic yet sensitive

world" a better one.

Source(s): (critical-rational applied) "Environmental philosophy"
  • 5 months ago

of course not, how can with evil greedy people around the world be ideal, ideal is Paradise and Hell, ideal for both kind of people, good and bad

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.