Where abouts in your country or the world, do you go to for peace and quiet?

I am from Dublin, and in Ireland i go to Donegal for peace and quiet, my dad has a house up there and i haven't been there in a while, i went up last weekend and i got two of the best nights sleeps i have had in such a long time, pure peace and quiet, and we can see the ocean and mountains from our house, the neighbors are so nice and also very quiet, and most of Donegal is like that, then i come back to Dublin to my neighbors stupid barking dog, my stupid neighbors constantly idle talking and arsing around. Outside of Ireland i like Switzerland, parts of Spain, Greece, South of France and also a very beautiful and magical and peaceful place called Brittany, it is amazing.

I personally go mostly to my patio or backyard as getting away from work for a real holiday is difficult. But people in my part of the world like Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Ojai and a variety of other local tourist spots known for being relatively chill.

There are a couple of parks called Split Oak Reserve and Orlando Wetlands Park that are in the middle of nowhere that I like, but I don't go to either of them that much because they're kind of out of the way, and what with the price of gas lately,...

• Toruko

Here's how I began answering this question in 1964. Http://www.nss@caves.org

Of an afternoon to the cemetery

Hiking trails up in the Rockies

• IOM

Below one of my favorite places for peace & quiet. Looking at Ses Margalides islands, North coast of Ibiza.

• IOM

True. The island was a true Paradise before the club culture took over. Pity.

Yes he knows the peace and quet