D3stroy3r asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

What food (or drink) have a natural laxative effect?

HOT Prune Juice. Make it as hot as a cup of coffee....

also 10 Dried Apricots and you'll "Go to town" with your bowels.

Prunes can be of real medicinal value. Some persons have found it is better to eat prunes to keep regular than to wait until they are seriously plagued with constipation and then take harsh laxatives. To get the full benefit of their laxative effect, some limit their breakfast to just a small dish of prunes. But the lowly prune is also good for you in other ways. It has an abundance of sugar and the kind of sugar that the body most readily assimilates. Also, the prune has more of certain essential vitamins and more of such indispensable minerals as iron and copper than any other fruit. Prunes are also said to help restore the hemoglobin count of the blood. Cooks have discovered many tasty ways of serving this nutritious fruit to their families. Soaked overnight or stewed, they make a fine addition to breakfast. A cup of prune juice blended with two cups of chilled milk produces a delightful beverage. A compote of various fruits prunes, apricots, apples, and others makes a tempting wintertime dessert. You can enjoy prune pastry with your morning cup of coffee. However you choose to eat prunes, you can be sure that you are receiving a beneficial fruit. Their valuable properties, exceptional food value, and tastiness make prunes a part of the diet in many households. www.jw.org

• Lili

Coffee.

Scientists aren't sure why -- they thought it was the caffeine, but decaf works, too, though not quite as well as regular coffee.

Prune juice. Works wonders. But be careful. It also tastes bad in my opinion.

Source(s): Never again for me. I think I drank too much and felt like I was going to poo out my intestines. Careful. Lol

I don’t Know about natural but coffee does it for me instantly

• Will

Taco Bell will have you spewing in no time

Chillies has that effect on me.

• Mark

Prunes, any fruit juices if consumed in large quantities. Mannitol, Xylitol (the sweeteners in sugarless candies).

• Tavy

Prunes.Prunes and prunes.

Boiled bananas and honey. Uncle Sam cereal with psyllium seed. Nonfat milk and honey. Jalapeno peppers!