Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

I want my future house to have a manly kitchen, in your opinion, what does a manly kitchen look like?

• In

Stainless steel cabinets and countertops, tile floor and walls, a hook on the ceiling to hang deer carcasses for skinning and gutting with a floor drain below, three different beers on tap, an indoor barbecue pit, a diverse collection of take-out menus, at least 3 pizza parlors on speed dial, and a fire hose for easy clean up.

• ʄaçade

Excellent. That, plus a large stone wheel for grinding the perfect blade edge.

Going on past experience, any kitchen will do. Just smear loads of grease and dirt around it and fill the sink with dirty dishes.

Clean and orderly, with a combination of healthy food and fun food, and essential kitchenware. Not full of useless kitchen gadgets or cookbooks that get used once and then collect dust.

• Lili

The men I know who like to cook are really into gadgets.

As a man who can cook, great way to attract women btw, I’d say just the essentials. A hob, an oven, pots and pans, a few knives. Bobs your uncle you get a shag

• Sunshine4 months agoReport

Sunshine is an alias. Mainly as a joke on how dark and cynical my answers can sometimes be.
      But yeah I say split the tasks. I cook she washes the dishes does the cleaning while I watch the kids.
      Less role reversal and more trying not to have a nagging ***** saying I never do anything round the house

a chefs kitchen with professional equipment you might find in a restaurant. also lots of quality ingredients for cooking

This place, with its phallic looking island, probably qualifies.

• Bill

That island is pretty much worthless. If it was wider it would at least be a workable space, but as it stands it's too narrow to be of any real use.

Large fridge full of beer, frozen meals, and a microwave oven.

• Bill

There is no such thing as a manly kitchen.

Also, grilling wasn't always seen as a manly activity. People here promoting it might want to look over how men got to doing the chore. To start your research look over the history of advertising for grilling. Men were effectively brainwashed into believing cooking outside was a man thing even if it clearly isn't.

A huge gas grill. A salamander. A brick oven for pizza. A huge charcoal barbecue. A gas stove.

• .

Here is my man kitchen

I’m a man and I want magenta (or pink/purple) cabinets. I don’t know google manly kitchen maybe