Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

I want my future house to have a manly kitchen, in your opinion, what does a manly kitchen look like?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 6
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Stainless steel cabinets and countertops, tile floor and walls, a hook on the ceiling to hang deer carcasses for skinning and gutting with a floor drain below, three different beers on tap, an indoor barbecue pit, a diverse collection of take-out menus, at least 3 pizza parlors on speed dial, and a fire hose for easy clean up.

• ʄaçade
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Excellent. That, plus a large stone wheel for grinding the perfect blade edge.

• 5 months ago

Going on past experience, any kitchen will do. Just smear loads of grease and dirt around it and fill the sink with dirty dishes.

• 5 months ago

Clean and orderly, with a combination of healthy food and fun food, and essential kitchenware. Not full of useless kitchen gadgets or cookbooks that get used once and then collect dust.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

The men I know who like to cook are really into gadgets.

• 5 months ago

As a man who can cook, great way to attract women btw, I’d say just the essentials. A hob, an oven, pots and pans, a few knives. Bobs your uncle you get a shag

• Sunshine4 months agoReport

Sunshine is an alias. Mainly as a joke on how dark and cynical my answers can sometimes be.
      But yeah I say split the tasks. I cook she washes the dishes does the cleaning while I watch the kids.
      Less role reversal and more trying not to have a nagging ***** saying I never do anything round the house

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

a chefs kitchen with professional equipment you might find in a restaurant. also lots of quality ingredients for cooking

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

This place, with its phallic looking island, probably qualifies.

Attachment image
    • Bill
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

That island is pretty much worthless. If it was wider it would at least be a workable space, but as it stands it's too narrow to be of any real use.

• 5 months ago

Large fridge full of beer, frozen meals, and a microwave oven.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

There is no such thing as a manly kitchen.

Also, grilling wasn't always seen as a manly activity. People here promoting it might want to look over how men got to doing the chore. To start your research look over the history of advertising for grilling. Men were effectively brainwashed into believing cooking outside was a man thing even if it clearly isn't.

• 5 months ago

A huge gas grill. A salamander. A brick oven for pizza. A huge charcoal barbecue. A gas stove.

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Here is my man kitchen

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

I’m a man and I want magenta (or pink/purple) cabinets. I don’t know google manly kitchen maybe

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.