Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

Law My parents took my cell phone and the phone next to my bed. My dad took the door off my room. Is that illegal?

I-ll be 15 next october. What about my privacy ?

You can have privacy when you pay for privacy. Until then, you must live according to the rules of your parents. You're at a difficult age where you feel a need become more independent, but you're not in a position to do so, so you have no right to privacy at this point in your life.

100% legal.

You have no right to privacy, sorry.

Yes it's legal. With regards to your privacy, it sounds as if you're not going to be having very much of it once that door comes off.

You have no entitlment to privacy

• Neil

What about it?

No, that’s not illegal.

There is no law that says that you have to give your child privacy. If you're a girl and you think there is sexual perversion involved where are your family members are getting off by looking at your private parts while you're getting dressed by all means call child & family services and tell them that you believe that your parents are behaving inappropriately.

however if your parents took your cell phone and your phone away from you because you were texting in the middle of the night and doing something that you shouldn't be doing then he you got what you got because you were doing what was wrong. me I would be looking for a way to get out of that house as fast as I could.

Totally legal.

The bathroom has a door, right? You have privacy for toileting, bathing and changing.

By the way, it's your dad's room, dad's phone and dad's door. Your presence is temporary. If you want the use of your dad's things while you are still there, learn to behave yourself.

• Darren

Why would it be illegal? Isn't it his house? Doesn't he pay your bills?

No, it is not illegal.

Haha, you got caught watching porn on your phone.