john asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 year ago

Cant pull my foreskin back, is this normal?

I am a 15 year old kid who has been to the doctor for this around a few months ago. I thought that I had phimosis or a frenulum breve but with all the research I have done I believe that this is not the case.

I can retract the foreskin fully when my penis is not erect however, when my penis is erect I have trouble pulling the foreskin back. This is not because the foreskin is tight, I believe that it is because there is a little ring area that I cannot pull the foreskin past. Its almost like I have too much foreskin and it still covers the glands when erect. Is this normal?

• Roddy
    1 year ago

No, it most definitely is NOT normal at your age. From about the age of 8, you should have been able to fully, freely and painlessly retract your foreskin whether flaccid or erect.

Phimosis is defined as a foreskin which is too tight. At your age, this includes being too tight to freely and fully retract when erect.

Your foreskin needs to fully retract do sex. If it is not retracted then the actions of sex can force it back very painfully, and sometimes very bloody as the tight tip is ripped.

Get yourself circumcised as soon as possible. It will cure the retraction problem and at the same time give you up to 60% reduced risk of catching each of several STIs.

• balan
    1 year ago

Every thing is fine Apply baby oil and try pulling down the foreskiln in erect stage during bath for about three weeks It will work and you will be able to retract up and down the foreskiln at ease Regards.

• Josie
    1 year ago

Yes, at 15 this is not unusual.

You say you can retract when flaccid =

so you do NOT have phimosis.

The ring of muscle at the top has a name I forget =

but yes, it will relax / stretch as you get a bit older.

Use baby oil to masturbate a lot.