first time camping? nervous?

this will be my actual first time camping at a park/campground and not someones back yard. me and 5 of my friende be camping for 2 days. ive been to the place were going to hike alot of times but my first time camping here. Its a place that everyone loves, barely any bad reviews. Its just strangers that make me anxious. My anxiety is making me overthink like, "What if my stuff gets stolen?" "What if theres some creepy people?" "What if something bad happens?" I just cant help but overthink every horrible thing that could happen. what are some tips for first time campers? some stuff i HAVE to bring? thank you.

It hardly unlikely that someone would steal something while you far away in wild exept he has buddies who would stalk you and while you are away they inform others to steal from you but when you look at it like that you see that chances are one to 100k. Belive me biggest thret is exposure. Bring good clothes and always let someone know where are you going. And whatever happens dont ever panic. Camping should be nice experience so if you dont make stupid attempts doing risky stuff without real need you should be fine. If you go to areas with bears and wolfs bring lashlight and bearspray. But real defence against animals are safety measures and being smarter than them, cuz thats what we have, brains. We are not ment to fight physicly with them. So real defence is store away food, be loud, make nice fire, sing, have night watch in shifts, pairs usualy do good when guarding camp because when one person is only wake theres big chance he/she will panic and no one will have good night sleep.

Dont be.....................

• Toruko

Bears can smell dead fish downwind for 20 miles

and have walked to the source. Keep your food

secured from bears in a locker far from your tent

sleeping area. Vehicle glass windows are not bear-

resistant and hungry bruin do climb inside. If I'm

camping in threat areas (i.e, perverts within the

NYC Central Park), I'd shop at www.wesspur.com.

Refer to tree climbing equipment and a bed that

is suspended between trees. Done to secure

food storage bags. As they who do climb

trees aren't often circus-trained to walk your bed

support line. See steel cable core rope if worried

about being dumped by a sharp knife. Bed access

and exit uses one vertical 9mm fixed rope. With

rappel/prusik expertise. 9mm is too narrow and

slick for hand over hand grip Because the best

ever camping escapes all bears or losers.

• Jerry

This is about fearfulness, not about a realistic assessment of risks. If you're going to worry, then worry about stuff that is actually likely to happen like getting attacked by mosquitoes, like being uncomfortable or cold in the night, like getting blisters on your feet.

• Todd

Just make sur bring a knife, a lighter, and a flashlight.

Go find something better to worry about.

99.999999999999% of people who go camping are not doing it to prey on others. They have respect for other people. They wont steal your stuff - even if you leave it out. They will go out of their way to be nice - because - you never know when you may need help or borrow something. A smart bunny would bring something the generates lots of extras - and you walk over to the next camp site and offer them goodies, introduce yourself as the neighbor next door. You ask them to watch your stuff while you are gone, and promise to watching their stuff when they are gone.

If you want to worry about something - consider forgetting toilet paper and the consequences of wiping yourself with poison ivy. Or forgetting to bring a spoon and eating soup with a fork. Or that bottle your friend used to pee in so they didn't have to go for walk at night....and getting it mixed up with your water bottle.

Take a chill pill. Relax. You camp to have fun - not find something new to stress about. All that stress you seem to be generating will do do - is taint the flavor your flesh and meat...….and cause the bear to eat you alive slower. Aint nobody got time for that.

• Kenny

Bring good food and lighting. A headlamp and a small lantern are very useful. Usually there are metal lockers store food. You may store your valuables in there or in your car. Depending on the place, do not store food in your car or in your tent.

• Dze

most people that hang out in the woods are decent folks .. i never get out in the wilderness without a weapon myself, for bears and such ya know .. with a great big six gun hangin on your hip nobody is going to steal your stuff trust me ..

Just ignore the bears and wolves, as well as the scorpions. if you ignore them they will ignore you