Why is Christmas on a Friday both in 2020 and 2021 dosent the weekday change each year?

2020 is a leap year and 2021 is a normal year.

So when a day is added to February 2020, the year 2021 will obviously not have the extra day.

So Christmas day will be a Friday for both years.

• `

I don't know where you're looking but Christmas 2020 is on a Friday and Christmas 2021 is on a Saturday.

Maybe leap year has something to do with it. I just checked and 2020 is leap year, meaning it adds one extra day (Feb 29th) so if Christmas is on Friday 2020 with an extra day added, instead of being Saturday in 2021, the day it removed making is also Friday.

If you Google Christmas 2020 it says Friday and Google 2021 Christmas it says Friday

• Joe

My calendar shows it on Friday, in 2020, and on Saturday, in 2021.

EDIT:

Guessing that Google is reporting the day of the legal holiday, which would not be on a Saturday.