hi i’m doing a presentation/ speech on if crime shows are actually increasing crime rate or if they are good (pros and cons basically)?

do u have any pros and cons i could talk about

any opinions?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

If criminals watched those shows, they'd probably think that there's no way to get away with a crime anymore. But I don't think many watch them. Criminals tend to be stupid, and to do stupid things that anyone with any knowledge of police procedures would know better than to do.

One thing you could mention- it's widely reported that people serving on juries now expect to get a lot of the forensic kinds of evidence shown on CSI. But most cases are so simple that there's no need for the costly kinds of tests shown on tv. Maybe the biggest fault of those shows is when they have DNA evidence and toxicology screens returned within hours. It usually takes weeks.

• VP
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

TV shows are created by writers so you could probably guess that 99% of them are fictitious. Even the fancy CSI shows were full of fake science -- so much so that I've heard that some criminal juries have to be told that the FBI and forensic scientists can't yet do what happens weekly on CSI wherever.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

You actually haven't done any research have you?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.