Got in a argument with my pregnant ex girlfriend because she doesn't want to give or child my last name.?

She picked the first and middle name. But she says it can't have my last name because she likes hers better. And when i suggested we compromise and use both names she said that's too many names. Every since she was pregnant her and her parents have been threatening me with not getting custody, not being able to be on the birth certificate. They expect me to pay all the medical bills without a dna test. Im so stressed out. One day shell tell me get moved abusive and hits her the very next day she'll say she changed her mom has also harassed my paraplegic brother while while him and I we're on the city bus. I'm tired of her and her family. I'm fed up. I don't give a damn about child support ill gladly pay it. I just want to raise my daughter the right way. I already have diapers and a stroller purchased. The babies due on oct 7. They threatened me to not be able to see the birth what do i do? Btw i have the threatening text screenshot and saved

11 Answers

  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

    She has no obligation to give the baby your last name.

    You, in turn, are under no obligation to pay her prenatal medical bills. That has nothing to do with you. Let her take it to court.

    If she files for child support, require a DNA test. She has no choice. If the DNA test establishes you as the father, file for joint custody and visitation.

    She does not have to let you at the birth. No judge will require it. The patient decides who's in her room. End of story.

    Obviously, you need a lawyer.

  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

    It sounds a sensible thing to do, if she is your ex.

  • 1 year ago

    This could turn nasty.

    I'd recommend hiring a good lawyer ASAP.

  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    If you had learned to use a condom, you would not now have this problem.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    You are not married to your pregnant ex-girlfriend. A single, unmarried mother is presumed by law to have complete custody and control of her child, and she makes all the decisions regarding it.. She can give her child any last name she wants to give it, and you have no legal say-so about it. That's what happens when a man has a child with a woman he's not married to.

    However, if DNA proves that you're the biological father of the child, you WILL be ordered to make child support payments every month for the next 18 years, if the mother decides to go to Court and sue for payments. In return, the Court will probably grant you limited visitation rights.

  • 1 year ago

    I recommend you hire a lawyer now and request a DNA test before and child support order is signed.

  • 1 year ago

    You ARE NOT responsible for your ex-girlfriend's medical bills. Stop paying, she doesn't deserve it.

    Go to court to make sure you are allowed to participate in the medical appointments and delivery of the baby.

    The minute the courts open following the birth of the child, file court documents.

    - If you are on the birth certificate, file for full physical and legal custody.

    - If you are not on the birth certificate, add the the dna test.

    Forget about last name on the birth certificate. That doesn't make a child yours or not.

  • 1 year ago

    OMG! Your life sounds like a soap opera! Are you sure the baby is YOURS???

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    If you're not married then it's traditional for the child to have the mother's surname. If you want the child to have your last name, marry the mother.

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    < They expect me to pay all the medical bills without a dna test. >

    That's not a choice, you get to insist on a DNA test.

    < They threatened me to not be able to see the birth what do i do? >

    Lawyer up, if you have the money.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.