Why did Rapinoe take what should be a moment of national pride, and a big moment for women and women's sports, and make it all about hate?

The country was behind her and her the team. In the world of soccer, and women's sports in general, that is really something in the US.

But instead of listening to her better angel, she made this all about hatred. She took a moment where we could all come together and made it about TDS. What she did to women't sports and soccer really is a shame.

Update:

Maybe she just took the bait from the reporter, but she really ran with it.

Update 2:

I wonder if all her teammates are aware of how badly she hurt them and the sport. It just cast a shadow over the whole thing.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Chris
    Lv 6
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You are wasting your time telling this to liberals. Introspection is not exactly their strength.

• I still hold out hope that ONE of them may learn to think about the results of their actions. Be they well meaning but stupid programs, or basing their political party on hatred for 2+ years.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I agree with her 100% - there's no reason why she should EVER go to the ******* white house!

• 5 months ago

Her original statement was back in January. Trump brought it to the forefront so she defended her position. Trump being divisive again.

• 5 months ago

This issue only became relevant after Trump went on a mega Twitter rant after a very popular female athlete, Rapinoe, declined his invitation to the WH.

It seems that Trump thought it would be fun to give out her email address to the public on Twitter. Unfortunately, in true Trump fashion--it was the email of a teenaged girl who had a lot of fun at Trump's expense.

What kind of a full grown elderly grandfather, of little girls, does things like this? Putin certainly rigged the election for the perfect moron.

• tigeress
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

LOL, Now that is amusing. Most people call me a smartass.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Nike rang the bell.....and the drooling commenced....

....that many still seem to think the core issue here is political is, in fact, an illustration of what is wrong with our current political environment...

• 5 months ago

No one cares about women’s soccer ppl are only interested in the moment Bc they winning

• 5 months ago

They are blinded by their hatred for Trump, it's truly sad.

• 5 months ago

I completely lost interest in the women's World Cup after following the first couple of stages. LOL

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It is interesting to hear liberals parrot that Trump has tried oppressing LGBT rights but can never provide any examples of it, isn't it.

• 5 months ago

Probably because she's gay and Trump has repeatedly tried to oppress LGBT rights.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.