S i r i asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 5 months ago

A recipe for orange jello,salad that has mandarin oranges in it ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Make the orange Jello according to the package directions. Place the liquefied Jello in a shallow rectangular or square baking dish to stiffen in the refrigerator. When the Jello is set, with a knife, create a criss-cross pattern in the Jello to create bite size Jello squares. Scoop into a bowl.

Buy a container of Cool Whip (or your favorite whipped cream) and let it soften on the counter-top and then mix in a drained can of mandarin oranges and some chopped fresh mint.

This dessert is loved by everyone I serve it to, from children to the elderly!!

Sometimes I mix other fruit with the Cool Whip (bananas, pineapples or blueberries).

I like adding the Cool Whip/fruit mixture as a dollop on top of the Jello right BEFORE serving, NOT mixing it into the Jello to store in the fridge.

• S i r i5 months agoReport

not exactly what I thought but sounds delish !

• denise
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Just buy jelly cubes and make up the jelly as instructions, replacing some of the cold water for orange juice or the can juice from the mandarin orange segments that your'e adding to the jelly.

When serving; add some orange zest to the cream for topping.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's JELLY in the UK.

• 5 months ago

you can us ANY orange jello salad recipe and use mandarins in them. In fact thats probably what is in most orange jello salads anyway.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Orange Jello salad? 1950 is calling and says it wants you back again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.