Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 7 months ago

Am I justified in not wanting to go on vacation with my family?

I have a severe anxiety problem related to urination and defecation, and upon describing my problem on another forum, I was told that I cannot solve it on my own and that I definitely need to talk to professional because it's impairing my life so.

So, am I justified in not wanting to go on this vacation?

Favorite Answer

Go to your doctor. Go to therapy to help with your anxiety. Nothing to be ashamed about. I think your parents would understand. Whats the point of going if you're not going to have fun? Waste of time and money. Get your probs fixed then go on vacay.

• Kelly

No, you're not.

You're letting whatever issue you've got going on here dictate what you do in life. Running from it does not treat it. You need to see a medical professional.

You definitely do need professional help. But whether to go on this vacation depends on why kind it is. I could see camping and being expected to do your business in the woods being problematic. But if you're staying in a hotel that presumably has a private bathroom I don't really see the problem.

No one should be diagnosing you on here. There's a difference between a phobia and a neurosis. A neurosis is a fear of something that can be overcome by facing that fear and experiencing what frightens you. A phobia is much more serious, and needs professional help to get over. Only a psychologist/psychiatrist can tell which you have.

Go to your doctor first.

Going on vacations is a stupid waste of time and money! I work 7 days a week and I never take vacations. Life is all about working and having fun. We were not meant to sit on a beach in Monte Carlo getting sun burns and skin cancer (melanoma)!

• 💜

Just put a pamper on and suck it up