Advice for self defence while solo camping. No fire arms. Are strong slingshots good?

• Best answer

I carried a Cold Steel Roman gladius 1400 miles on the Appalachian Trail.

• ?*?*?*?

And you had the most useless tool ever!

A BIG can of bear spray. It works on people too.

• Joe

Self defense against whom, or against what in particular ? Ae you going camping in the Amazon ? The Rockies ? Somalia ? Are you expecting poison snakes, bears or marauders ? Why are you camping alone when you can't defend yourself ? Are you a martial artist ? A woman ? A teenager with big biceps ? With so little information we can only guess so, yeah...get a slingshot and a life insurance policy. Have a blast.

• Noah

The ONLY self defense thing that works is a handgun. Get one. Get a revolver. Point and shoot. Everything else is bogus.

• Toruko

When I'm in Canada bear country I carry shoulder-holstered 20 ounce

labeled bear pepper spray aerosol. Canadian customs may ask to see

proof of its content so keep the label on your property. I also carry an

heirloom Arkansas Toothpick. That should be seen in Google Images.

Genuine frontier era weapon. In the USA I also carry a shotgun or .357

pistol. I've been paid and trained to shoot at people.

A sharp stick .

Imagine two or three guys grab the end of your tent, tip it off - and all you hear is them laughing and banjo music. Seriously doubt you will know where your useless wrist rocket or the marbles are.

Even if you had it all handy - you let on marble fly at one person the other two are going to insert that slingshot someplace where it will take a skilled surgeon to remove.

• Bob

bear spray for animals, pepper spray for people, cold steel tomahawk (also makes a great axe for wood), good strong 4-5 inch knife, spear

slingshots will only stop small animals like squirrels and rabbits

• Henry

Pray to Jesus for defense.

• sam

Bear spray...............